Your Job: Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Your Company: Coldwell Banker/Country Properties
MyRye.com: What are the three best reasons to live in Rye?
1. The schools.
2. Rye has an active, prosperous downtown with retail shops, Starbucks, great restaurants and gourmet shops.
3. Rye YMCA. I lived here when my children were younger and participated in the fitness classes and children’s programs. The babysitting facility is great. It has 2 pools and is reasonably priced and hosts community events, such as the Rye Derby every spring.
4. Taking my dog to Rye Town Park and being near the water is one of my personal favorite things.
What are your three favorite restaurants in Rye that deliver?
1. Water Moon for a special treat. Pan Asian food that is always good and creative. My absolute favorite dish is pan seared sesame tuna with wasabi soba noodles. Great ambience for an “eat in” as well. 921-6652.
2. Pizza 2000 in Harrison. John at Pizza 2000 runs an efficient shop, accepts credit cards, and is super convenient for delivery, especially to those of us in the Glen Oaks/ Rye Gardens area. 835-8000.
3. Cornerstone. OK, so they don’t deliver but you can usually park right up in the front of the store for take out. “Paul’s chicken” with dipping sauce is a big hit for lunch or dinner with adults and kids alike! 967-0035.
What is your favorite restaurant in Rye for a family meal?
Rye Grill & Bar. Currently closed for renovations, the Rye Grill & Bar has been a staple in Rye for a quick lunch with friends, dinner with the family, or drinks with coworkers after hours. A lively atmosphere with a children’s menu, individual pizzas, creative salads and sandwiches to seafood dishes, Rye grill has a formula that works! Owner Jim Sullivan has a winning formula with his other Rye restaurants as well, Ruby’s Oyster Bar (my favorite adult restaurant in Rye) & the hot new Morgan’s on Elm Pl. 967-0332
Who are your recommended contractors for smaller jobs?
1. Brothers Fence Co. Port Chester. I asked these guys for a quote, they returned my call in 15 minutes, came over in a half hour, and emailed me a professional, very reasonable estimate that evening. Highly recommended. 934-2239.
2. Basement Water Systems. Efficient, knowledgeable estimators and they guarantee their work. Top notch. 1-800-541-0487.
3. Matthew O’Keefe. Art Installation Services. My sister, also a Rye resident, highly recommends Matt. Very professional website. cell: 450-7501.
Where do you live in Rye?
I live at 10 Eldredge Ct. in the Osborn School district. All three of my boys went to Osborn, and I currently have one child each in elementary, middle, and high school in Rye. I used to live in Glen Oaks, and lived in a townhouse in Port Chester for 5 years prior to that.
How are you involved in the community?
Member of PTO of Osborn Elementary, RMS, & RHS
Past Chairperson of Osborn Carnival Silent Auction & Parent Social (past 2 years) V
olunteer and participant of Jarden Westchester Triathlon, held annually at Playland Park, Rye.
Member and former coordinator of RMS Parent Support Group. Member of RHS parent group.
Hudson Valley Tennis League.
Former Board Member, Rye Woman’s Club.
My husband, George, has been involved in Rye Little League for 8 years as a Team Manager.
Tell us your contact information:
Your web site:judycroughan.com
Your email address:firstname.lastname@example.org