The City Council’s agenda is out for tonight, Wednesday October 1, 2008. See you at 8pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39.
Let’s check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items:
- Litigation. Before discussing public items at 8pm the council will meet in executive session (that means without you and me) to discuss Osborn and Bowman Avenue litigation.
- Wild Card. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. This one is always a wild card—people who want flooding, people who don’t want flooding—it is always a surprise.
- Golf Club. Four appointments to the Rye Golf Club Commission by the council: three appointments for three-year terms expiring January 1, 2012 and one appointment for a two-year term expiring January 1, 2011.
- Sewage. Resolution to increase bond authorization for Kirby Lane North Sewer Project.
- Cash for Lawyers. Lots of money for our attorneys–$75,000 from contingent account to law department for reimbursement to the Rye school district for Osborn litigation expenses; $50,000 from contingent account to human resources department for legal services for police litigation defense.
- Study Walking. $31,000 from contingent account to engineering for consultant expenses, a survey, related to pedestrian improvements for Oakland Beach Avenue and Forest Avenue.
- Claim Your Boat or We Will Sell It. Authorization for corporation counsel to commence proceedings to dispose of abandoned boats at the boat basin.