The city council's agenda is out for tonight, Wednesday, December 17, 2008. See you at 8pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39.
Note there will be an executive session immediately preceding the council meeting at 7pm to discuss "attorney/client matters". Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 21 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda.
- Death and _____. Resolution to adopt the 2009 Budget and establish the 2009 tax levy and 2009 tax rate.
- Donation. Resolution to accept donation of undeveloped land on Brevoort Lane.
- Books. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement with the Rye Free Reading Room to furnish library services for 2009.
- Flood Money (not flood of money, sorry). Acceptance of $400,000 in Federal Grant funds for the Flood Mitigation.
- Other Flood Stuff including submission of a joint application with the Village of Rye Brook for Westchester County Flood Action Program funding; granting authority to bond for the Rye/Rye Brook Flood Mitigation project and accepting the $62,500 local share of the FEMA Pre-Disaster Grant (PDM).
- Abandoned Boats. Authorization for Corporation Counsel to commence proceedings to dispose of abandoned boats at the Boat Basin/Marina.
The next regular meeting of the city Council will be held on Wednesday, January 7, 2008.