The city council's agenda is out for Wednesday, January 14, 2009. See you at 8pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (next day) at http://rye.peg.tv.
Note there will be an executive session immediately preceding the council meeting at 7pm to discuss "real estate matters". Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 21 agenda items.
- Mayor's Annual Message. Check out Otis' annual message from 2008.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda.
- Appointments. Includes Trustee of the Police Pension Fund, Chair of the Planning Commission, Board of Assessment Review.
- Meeting Schedule. Designation of the days and time of regular meetings of the City Council.
- Official Paper. Designation of official City newspaper. This is some procedural item for required legal notices. What about an official web site? Didn't you hear that newspapers are on their deathbed?
- For the Bird (house). Resolution authorizing the City Manager to submit necessary application forms for state funding secured by Assemblyman Latimer towards acquisition of the Bird property.
- Looking Good. Resolution to update bid award for Police contract for uniforms with New England Sportswear.
- Wrinkle City. Acceptance of grant award from the New York State Office of the Aging to Rye Recreation for Senior Swim and Golf program.
- FOIL'ed Again. Appeal of denial of FOIL request by Timothy Chittenden.
The next regular meeting of the city Council will be held on Wednesday, January 28, 2009.