The city council agenda is out for Wednesday, February 25, 2009 and it's the Schubert and Shew show. In the agenda the city blithely refers to "980 Forest Avenue" – this is the address of Bob Schubert's property.
See you at 8pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (next day) at http://rye.peg.tv. Come early, this one might sell out.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items. The city council will enter executive session at 7:31 p.m. to discuss real estate matters prior to starting the open meeting at 8pm.
- Open Mic. Never dull. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda.
- The Schubert and Shew Show Chapter One. Discussion and update of issues regarding the property at 980 Forest Avenue. Think of this as a special "open mic" session – MyRye.com comments, but live.
- The Schubert and Shew Show Chapter Two. Resolution to authorize up to $5,000 to hire an independent engineering firm to review the hydrology issues at 980 Forest Avenue.
- The Schubert and Shew Show Chapter Three. Resolution to authorize up to $10,000 to hire an independent counsel to investigate and report on the facts surrounding the issues at 980 Forest Avenue.
- The Schubert and Shew Show Chapter Four. Resolution to transfer $15,000 from contingency to the Law Department for consultants including an independent Engineering firm and independent Counsel for issues pertaining to 980 Forest Avenue.
- Everything Else. Including leaf blower, obstructions in the right of way (the white rocks?), oil tank removal at Public Works/Disbrow Park and appointments to the Landmarks Advisory Committee, the Planning Commission, the Recreation Commission and the Traffic & Transportation Committee.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday March 11, 2009.