The city council agenda is out for tonight, Wednesday, March 25, 2009. The “Forest Avenue Report” (hydrologist study of the Schubert property) is available and is one of a number of hot topics. This could be a long night…
See you at 8pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (next day) at http://rye.peg.tv.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Never dull. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda.
- Schubert Waterworks. Hydrological report by the FPM Group on Schubert’s 980 Forest Avenue.
- Bridge to Nowhere. Presentation by Berger, Lehman Associates, P.C., regarding the Central Avenue Bridge replacement project.
- Bring Lots of Quarters. Consideration to set a public hearing to amend local law Chapter 191, Vehicles and Traffic, of the Rye City Code, Section 191-38, to extend the hours of meter operation from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- The Recession. Update on the Recession Task Force from Council members Mack Cunningham and Paula Gamache.
- White Rocks? Discussion of obstructions in the right of way.
- Authorize, Stat. Authorization for City Manager to enter into an Agreement for Emergency Medical Transport with the Village of Port Chester, the Village of Rye Brook and Port Chester-Rye-Rye Brook Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Inc.
- New Shew. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to sign an employment agreement with Francis (Frank) J. Culross to serve as Acting City Manager.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on tax day, Wednesday, April 15, 2009.