The city council agenda is out for Wednesday, April 29, 2009 and there is a packed schedule. See you at 8pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (next day) at http://rye.peg.tv.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 13 agenda items. The city council will enter executive session at 7:01 p.m. to discuss litigation prior to starting the open meeting at 8pm.
- Open Mic. Never dull. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda.
- Adding Cuts. Update on the Recession Planning Task Force.
- Crowded Theater. Approval of the election of the Chiefs of the Rye Fire Department.
- Nickel and Diming, continued. Continuation of Public hearing to amend local law Chapter 191, Vehicles and Traffic, of the Rye City Code, Section 191-38, to extend the hours of meter operation from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Star Gazing. Resolution to grant permission to the Rye Free Reading Room to hold a free public program “Astronomy for Everyone: Size & Scale of the Universe” on the Village Green on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- (White) Rock On. Discussion of obstructions in the right of way.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday May 13, 2009 at the Square House.