Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items for the Wednesday, July 15th city council meeting. The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at 7:01 p.m. to discuss litigation and attorney/client matters. You can start to watch at 8pm.
Very interesting – resident "open mic" item has been moved from its perennial first spot to agenda item #8, which means residents wanting to speak on issues not on the agenda may have to wait until well past 8pm to speak. Highlights:
- Dinner. Public hearing to revise the Rye City code to allow for outdoor dining.
- Y!? There is no place to park. Public hearing to restrict parking on Mead Place.
- Respect your elders. Public hearing to adopt a local law for Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE).
- Can you hear me now? Public hearing on the Special Permit Application (#TC011) submitted by MetroPCS New York, LLC to co-locate a wireless telecommunications facility on the roof top of 66 Milton Road.
- Open Mic. Never dull. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda.
- Appointments and nominations – various for EMS and boat basin.
- WWI. Resolution to accept a donation from the VFW Post 7550 for repairs to the World War I Monument.
- Paving the way. Bid Award for Annual Street resurfacing (Contract #2009-04).
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, August 12, 2009. This regular meeting will include a presentation of the Capital Improvements Program.