Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items for the Wednesday, August 12th city council meeting (also see the full "black binder" edition – larger file with supporting documents).
The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at 7:01 p.m. to discuss litigation and attorney/client matters. See you at 8pm at City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (next day) at http://rye.peg.tv.
Once again- the resident "open mic" item has been moved from its perennial first spot to agenda item #6, which means residents wanting to speak on issues not on the agenda may have to wait until well past 8pm to speak. Highlights:
- Improvements. Presentation of the 2010-2014 Capital Improvements Program.
- Protecting seniors. Continuation of Public hearing to adopt a local law for Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption (SCRIE).
- "Floatie's Law". Public hearing to amend Chapter 191 Vehicles and Traffic” by amending Article IV “Removal and Storage of Vehicles” to the City Code of the City of Rye.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda.
- MOU for the Birds. Authorization for City Manager to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding for the purchase of the Bird Property located at 600 Milton Road and adopt a resolution to amend the 2009 Adopted Budget for Buildings and Vehicles.
- Fed Cash. Discussion of federal award for the City of Rye Sidewalk/Pedestrian improvements.
- Flood Wall (more Fed Cash). Consideration to set a public hearing on September 16, 2009 regarding the proposed improvements to the Theodore Fremd Retaining Wall.
- Car Cash. Resolution allowing use of funds collected under Parking administration to be allocated for improvements to the Central Business District.
- 9/11 Memorial. Resolution to transfer funds donated to the September 11th Memorial Fund to Rye September 11, 2001 Memorial, Inc.
- Dredging and slinging mud. Authorization for DelBello, Donnellan, Weingarten, Wise and Wiederkehr, LLP to defend the City of Rye in the suit commenced by R.B. Conway & Sons, Inc. (folks that dredged out the boat basin).
- Death and. Adoption of the 2009/2010 tax levy and tax rate for the Rye Neck Union Free School District.
- Boo! Consideration of request for permission to close a section of Purchase Street for the 57th annual celebration of the Halloween Window Painting Contest.
- Schedule change. Authorize a date change for the regular City Council Meeting from September 9, 2009 to September 16, 2009.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, September 16, 2009.