The city council's agenda for June 9, 2010 is out. See you at 8pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision
Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet
(next day) at http://rye.peg.tv. The Council is expected to
adjourn into Executive Session at 7:31 p.m. to labor relations.
Let's check the batting order and highlights
from the 17 agenda items.
- A New Frank. Resolution appointing a City Manager effective July 1,
2010, establishing the terms and conditions of employment, and
authorizing the Mayor to sign an employment agreement.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do
not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – includes
a litigation update.
- Naming Rights. Discussion of request by the Recreation Commission to name a baseball
field at Disbrow Park, “Founders Field”, in honor of the Rye Little League founders.
- Child Care. Continuation of Public Hearing to change the City of Rye Zoning Code to
include “child-care facilities” as a use in the B-1 District.
- Appointments. One appointment to the Governmental Policy and Research Committee for a
one-year term by the Mayor with Council approval and Designation of the Chair of the Governmental Policy and Research
Committee by the Mayor.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, July 14, 2010. The City Council will hold special meetings on the 2011 Budget on Monday, June 14, 2010 at 7:30 p.m.and Monday, June 28, 2010 at 7:30 p.m. and an off-week meeting on Monday, July 26, 2010.