(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 is out. See
you at 8:00pm in
the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision
Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet
(next day) at http://rye.peg.tv.
check the batting order and highlights
from the 22 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do
not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Doug's "Howling" Details. Mayor’s Management Report -legal update, status of labor contracts, United Water Rate case update.
- Candy Bars and Magazines. Public Hearing to amend local law, Chapter 144, Peddling and Soliciting, of the Rye CityCode, to revise the law on solicitation.
- Expert Charge-back. Public Hearing to repeal Chapter 87, Environmental Quality Review, and add new Chapter 87, Escrow Provisions, of the Rye City Code to assign the costs of any experts utilized by a City Board or Commission to the applicant.
- Budget Crunch. Resolution authorizing the City Comptroller to seek Revenue Anticipation Notes (RAN) for specific capital projects. Roll Call.
- Budget Crunchier. Resolution authorizing the City Comptroller to reallocate the Recreation Bond to be used for debt service. Roll Call.
- RFL – Request for Lawyer. Authorization for City Manager to seek an RFP for the City of Rye Corporation Counsel position.
- Time sheets. Resolution establishing a standard workday for elected and appointed officials as per new reporting requirements of the New York State and Local Employees’ Retirement System.
- Parking Pals. Appointments to the Rye Town Park Advisory Committee by the Mayor with Council approval.
- Fun Card? Discussion of and appointments to the Rye Playland Strategic Planning Working Group.
- Death and… Adoption of the 2010/2011 tax levy and tax rate for the Rye Neck Union Free School District. Roll Call.
- eBay. Resolution to declare certain equipment and vehicles as surplus. Roll Call.
- Boo! Consideration of request for permission to close a section of Purchase Street for the 58th annual celebration of the Halloween Window Painting Contest.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, September 15, 2010.