(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 6, 2010 is out. See you at 8:00pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (next day) at http://rye.peg.tv.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – 2011 budget process summary and legal update
- Free Bird. Update from the Committee to Save the Bird Homestead on the Rye Meeting House proposal.
- Parking Tickets. Public Hearing to amend Local Law Chapter 191, Section 39, Parking Time Limits and fees to remove the setting of fees from Local Law; Public Hearing to amend Local Law Chapter 191, Vehicles and Traffic, Section 191-47 C, D and E, Parking application, fees and location to clarify the language regarding City municipal parking places; and Resolution authorizing the City Manager to expand the contract with Complus Data Innovations, Inc. to outsource the collection of parking ticket payments.
- Looking Good in Blue. Bid Award for Police Uniforms (Bid# 4-10).
- Junkyard. Resolution to declare certain equipment as surplus.
- Patronage. One appointment to the Board of Appeals to fill a term expiring on January 1, 2013, by the Mayor with Council approval; Two appointments to the Government Policy & Research Committee, one for a one-year term and one for a two-year term, by the Mayor with Council approval.
- Smooch. Consideration of a request by the Rye Merchants Association to close a portion of Purchase Street on Sunday, November 28, 2010 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for the Mistletoe Magic event.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 20, 2010.