(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 is out. See you at 8:00pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (next day) at http://rye.peg.tv.The Council will actually convene at 7:00 p.m. and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session at 7:01 p.m. to discuss personnel matters.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 22 agenda items.
- Gold Watch. Presentation by Mayor and City Manager of Certificates of Public Service to members of the city staff who have served Rye for twenty-five or thirty years.
- Replace the Batteries in Your Smoke Detector. Approval of the election of two new members to the Rye Fire Department.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser… Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Rye Town Park Advisory Committee 2010 Season Summary; Water Company Update; Legal Update.
- Where is the Economics Section? Presentation by the Rye Free Reading Room regarding the 2011 Budget.
- Bird in the Hand. Discussion on the proposal from the Committee to Save the Bird Homestead, Inc. regarding the Rye Meeting House.
- Your Meter Has Run Out. Parking permit fees, parking meter fees and pay station fees are all going up.
- Pass Me a Tums. Bid Award for a Truck-Mounted Combination Sewer Vacuum and Jetter (Bid# 5-10).
- Home Depot Run. Bid Award for the Interior Alterations to the Rye Police Station (Bid# 6-10).
- Fore! Three appointments to the Rye Golf Club Commission by the Council for three-year terms expiring January 1, 2013 and the designation of one member to the Rye Golf Club Nominating Committee.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, November 3, 2010. The City Council will hold a Town Hall at The Osborn on Monday, October 25, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.