The Rye City Council is considering slashing another $231,160 from its budget during the council meeting Wednesday night.
Here is what's on the chopping block. What do you think? Leave a comment beow.
Proposed Budget Modifications
1) Reduce Rye Town Park funding $ 50,000
2) Reduction in Materials and Supplies
Decrease in Sewer Repair Expense $ 20,000
Decrease in Drainage Repair Expense $ 15,000
Decrease in Police Training $ 14,560
Decrease in Police Uniforms $ 15,000
Decrease in Fire Vehicle Supplies $ 10,000
Paystation controllers moved to equipment and financed with Fund Balance $ 47,600
Total reduction in materials and supplies $122,160
3) Increase Parking Fine Revenue (see Agenda Item #8) $ 25,000
4) Change Corporation Counsel and Prosecutor positions from Employees to Independent Contractors to save Payroll Taxes $ 25,000
5) Cost Recovery for Police Overtime $ 9,000
Total Proposed Budget modifications $231,160