(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 is out. See you at 8:00pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (next day) at http://rye.peg.tv. Office Hours of the Mayor on December 15th will be held at 7:00 p.m. in the Mayor’s Conference Room.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 21 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Rye Going to the Dogs. City is taking over dog licensing. Continuation of Public Hearing to repeal Chapter 76 “Dogs” and replace it with a new Chapter 76 “Dogs”, now that the State has relinquished enforcement to the City.
- More Expensive Tickets. Continuation of Public Hearing to amend Local Law Chapter 167, Section 48C, Removal of snow and ice by City; cost; penalties, and Local Law Chapter 191, Vehicles and Traffic, Section 191-32 through 191-35, Penalties for parking offenses, to modify selected parking ticket fines.
- Budget Smack-down. Continuation of Public hearing on the proposed 2011 Budget.
- Budget Vote. Resolution to adopt the 2011 Budget and establish the 2011 tax levy and 2011 tax rate. Roll Call. And Resolution to adopt a Budget Amendment of a 1.19% reduction of the adopted increase of the tax rate of 2.16%, which would result in a tax rate increase of 0.97%. Roll Call.
- Bullet Proof. Acceptance of Grant Award from the U.S. Department of Justice in the amount of $11,750 for armored vests for the Police Department.
- Shhhh! Deal in the Works. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement with the Rye Free Reading Room to furnish library services for 2011. Roll Call.
- Rye Lawyers Up. Resolution appointing a Corporation Counsel effective January 1, 2011, establishing the terms and conditions of employment, and authorizing the Mayor to sign an employment agreement.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, January 12, 2011.