(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). Office hours of the Mayor will be held at 7:00pm in the Mayor's conference room just before the council meeting.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 25 agenda items.
- The State of the City Address by the Mayor. Just like President Obama's State of the Union only smaller.
- Safety Winners. Recognition of Safe Routes to School Award Winners.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Update from the Playland Advisory Committee; Update on all outstanding City Grants; Update on Police Staffing; Legal Update.
- Be Nice and Share. Presentation by the Rye Shared Roadways Committee.
- Don't Tell Me What To Do. Presentation by the Government Policy & Research Committee on Home Rule Legislation; Discussion on 2011 Home Rule Legislation.
- Joe Biden. Appointment of the 2011 Deputy Mayor by the Mayor.
- Off Into the Sunset. Appointment of a Council Member as Trustee of the Police Pension Fund, by the Mayor with Council approval, for a one-year term.
- Keeping It Clean. Designation of the City Council's Audit Committee by the Mayor.
- Thought the Carey Sack Recos Were Rejected… Resolution to establish and appoint a Legal Case Management Committee.
- The Back Channel. Designation of the following City Council Liaisons by the Mayor: Board of Appeals; Conservation Commission/Advisory Council; Finance Committee; Rye City School Board; Rye Merchants Association.
- How About a Web Site? MyRye.com Volunteers. Designation of official City newspaper.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, January 26, 2011.