(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, March 3, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). The Council will convene at 7:00pm in Executive Session to discuss real estate matters. Office hours of the Mayor will be held at 6:30pm in the Mayor's conference room just before the council meeting.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Legal Update
- Holy sh*t. Public Hearing regarding the establishment of the Kirby Lane Extension Sanitary Sewer
Special Assessment District.
- Home rule. Consideration to set a Public Hearing to amend Local Law Chapter 53, Section 53-2,
“Membership of Architectural Review Board”, stipulating residency requirements for
architects serving on the Board of Architectural Review.
- Play With the Land. Resolution on potential uses for Rye Playland to be submitted to Westchester County.
- Healthly? Resolution to adopt the proposed changes to the City of Rye’s post 65 retiree Aetna
health insurance program.
- Take It Easy. Authorization for City Manager to enter into a preservation easement with the New York State Historic Preservation Office in satisfaction of a grant for the Rye Meeting House from the National Park Service..
- FOIL'ed Again. Appeal of denial of FOIL request by Timothy Chittenden.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, March 16, 2011.