(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in the Council Room at Rye City Hall or on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). The Council will convene at 7:30pm in Executive Session to discuss personnel matters. Office hours of the Mayor will be held at 7:00pm in the Mayor's conference room just before the council meeting.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Flood Control Projects Update, Legal Update
- Just Grand (Marshal). Consideration of a request by the Milton Elementary School PTO to approve a parade to precede the Milton Elementary School Fair on Saturday, March 19, 2011 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- I'd Never Belong to a Club That… Public Hearing to amend Local Law Chapter 53, Section 53-2, “Membership of Architectural Review Board”, to reduce the number of Board members from seven to five and to permit non U.S. Citizens to serve on the Board.
- iParking? Presentation on Parking Technology.
- Big, bad… Presentation by Commissioner Connors on Coyote Season.
10. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Only One Place? Resolution for sole source approval for Phoenix Environmental Care products for fairway lawn maintenance fertilizers and Earthgreen Products for greens maintenance products.
- The Rest of Harvey Weistein's Money. Consideration to set a Public Hearing to amend Local Law Chapter 93, Section 93-6,“Filming – License Fee”, to amend the fee for filming in the City.
- Code Blue. Consideration of proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department.
- FOIL'ed! Review and discussion of FOIL Procedures.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 8:00 p.m.