(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall. The Council will convene at 7:00 p.m. and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss litigation.
Meetings are also aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). Office Hours of the Mayor on May 25th will be held at 6:30 pm in the Mayor’s Conference Room.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Presentation by the Rye Town Park Advisory Committee; Presentation by a representative of Kuder Island Colony, Inc.; Presentation of the City of Rye Stormwater Management Program 2010 Annual Report; Legal Update
- Check the Batteries in Your Smoke Detector. Approval of the election of Kyle Wagman to the Rye Fire Department.
- Your Wallet. Public Hearing to establish the 2012 Budgeted Fees and Charges. See pages 58-66 for the many, many fees being increased.
- Off Leash Before 9am. Public Hearing to amend Local Law Chapter 76, “Dogs”, Section 76-5, “Running at large prohibited” and Section 76-6, “When Leash Required”, to establish regulations for the leashing of dogs at Rye Town Park.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Moving Perps. Authorization for City Manager to enter into an Agreement with the County of
Westchester for 2011-2012 Prisoner Transportation Services.
- H2O. Appointment of Christian K. Miller, AICP, City Planner to the Watershed Advisory
Board to represent the City of Rye.
- Patronage. One appointment to the Rye Cable and Communications Committee for a three-year term expiring on January 1, 2014, by the Mayor with Council approval and Designation of the Chairman of the Rye Cable and Communications Committee by the Mayor.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, June 15, 2011.