(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall.
Meetings are also aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). Office Hours of the Mayor on July 13th will be held at 7:30 pm in the Mayor’s Conference Room.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – WJWW (Westchester Joint Water Works) update, legal update
- Property Tax Revaluation? First since 1972? Presentation by the Government Policy & Research Committee on Revaluation.
- IMA Flood. Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an Intermunicipal Agreement with the Village of Rye Brook for a Flood Mitigation Project at Blind Brook Dam at Bowman Avenue.
- Greenhaven Garbage.Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an Intermunicipal Agreement with the Village of Mamaroneck to provide garbage and curbside pickup for Mamaroneck residents located in the Greenhaven section of Rye.
- Can Lassie Run Free? Continuation of Public Hearing to amend Local Law Chapter 76, “Dogs”, Section 76-5,“Running at large prohibited” and Section 76-6, “When Leash Required”, to establish regulations for the leashing of dogs at Rye Town Park.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Patronage on the Water. Designation of one member to the Boat Basin Nominating Committee.
- $25K for RTP. Resolution to transfer $25,000 from contingency for the City of Rye share for Rye Town Park funding.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, August 10, 2011.