(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall.
Meetings are also aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). The meeting will be preceded by a Workshop on Streets, Sidewalks, and Parking beginning at 7:00 p.m. detailing findings and recommendations from the Shared Roadways Committee.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- For Vinny. Authorization for City Manager to make a benefit update to the Administrative Pay Group (APG) policy.
- Lawyers. Resolution authorizing Corporation Counsel to agree to a settlement proposal relating to the R.B.Conway v. Rye Litigation.
- $85K Flood Damage. Resolution to transfer $85,000 from contingency to the Fire Department for costs pertaining to damage at the Locust Avenue Fire House from Hurricane Irene.
- Money Rules. Discussion of the revised City of Rye Financial Policy reflecting the new Government
Accounting Standard regarding Fund Balance (GASB 54).
- Forest and the… Discussion of proposed Tree Ordinance Legislation.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 8:00 p.m.