(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall.
The meeting will be preceded by a Storm Response and Recovery Update on Hurricane Irene beginning at 7:00 p.m. (It is unclear is this part will be televised).
Meetings are also aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). Office Hours of the Mayor on 9/14/11 will be held from 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm in the Mayor’s Conference Room.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Sustainability Committee Update on potential environmental and energy saving projects for the City; Legal Update
- Zoning for Dollars. Continuation of Public Hearing regarding a change to the zoning district designation of the 1051, 1037, and 1031 Boston Post Road properties from the B-1 Neighborhood Business District to the B-2 Central Business District and Change the parking district designation of 1031 Boston Post Road from the “C” to the “A” Parking District.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Sue 'Em. Authorization for Harris Beach PLLC to commence an action challenging the Negative Declaration issued by the DEC in the Beaver Swamp Brook Administrative proceeding.
- Change of Plans. Authorization of a date change for the regular City Council Meeting from November 7, 2011 to November 9, 2011.
- Patronage. Two appointments to the Boat Basin Commission, by the Council, for two-year terms expiring January 1, 2014 and the designation of one member to the Boat Basin Nominating Committee; One appointment to the Finance Committee for a three-year term expiring on January 1, 2014, by the Mayor with Council approval; One appointment to the Rye Town Park Advisory Committee for a two-year term expiring on January 1, 2013, by the Mayor with Council approval; One appointment to the Rye Playland Advisory Committee to fill out a term expiring on January 1, 2013, by the Mayor with Council approval.
- For the Bird. Consideration of request by the Recreation Department to hold their annual Turkey Run on Thanksgiving Weekend.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 8:00 p.m. A Special Meeting/Workshop of the City Council will be held on September 28, 2011 at 7:30 p.m.