(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, November 2, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall. The Council will convene earlier at 7:30 pm and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session at 7:31 pm to discuss personnel matters.
Meetings are also aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (liveand archive). Office Hours of the Mayor on October 19th will be held from 7:00pm – 7:30pm in the Mayor’s Conference Room.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report - Finalize 2012 Budget Schedule and Topics; Legal Update; Update from the Government Policy and Research Committee on Prevailing Wage Standards
- Consolidation Coming? Discussion of amending the City of Rye Charter for the creation of a Public Safety Commissioner with the Fire Department reporting directly to the City Manager.
- IMA Lot of Water. Discussion of the “Development and Planning Standards” Intermunicipal Agreement Compliance for the Flood Mitigation Project at the Blind Brook Dam.
- Finger in the Dam? Discussion of a draft Resolution regarding flooding including preventative measures and flood consequences.
- RTP Takeover? Discussion of a draft Resolution to open Oakland Beach at Rye Town Park for public access during the off-season.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Borrowing from Peter to… Resolution to re-allocate $3,943.43 of the remaining 2002 Recreation Bond proceeds scheduled towards payment of 2012 Debt Service to use towards the 2011 final payment on the Rye Town Park roof project.
- Park or Poison? Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an Intermunicipal Agreement with Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. to allow access for a DEC-approved remedial investigation and clean-up.
- Fore! Consideration of authorizing the City Manager to endorse the implementation of an easement between the Apawamis Club and Henry F. Skelsey and the City of Rye.
- Law & Order. Consideration of proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department.