(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, December 7, 2011 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall. The Council will convene at 7:15 p.m. and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session at 7:16 p.m. to discuss personnel.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- Red. Approval of the election of one new member to the Rye Fire Department.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Central Avenue Bridge Update; Legal Update
- 86ing the 76? Discussion of the Westchester Bee-Line Route 76 Line through Rye.
- (Paper) Bag it! Continuation of Public Hearing to add a proposed Local Law to prohibit the use of plastic
bags by Rye Merchants.
- Speak! Public hearing on the proposed 2012 Budget.
- Flooded! Public hearing to amend the City Charter, Article 21, “Financial Procedures” to address the issuance of bonds for use in natural disaster reconstruction efforts.
- Revised, Down. Public hearing to adopt the revised City of Rye Financial Policy.
- 1% Fights the 2%. Public Hearing to adopt a Local Law to override the State enacted tax levy limitation.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Welcome to the Rye FPD.Consideration to set a Public Hearing to amend the City of Rye Charter for the creation of a Public Safety Commissioner to head the Police Department and the Fire Department reporting directly to the City Manager.
- eBay. Resolution to declare certain equipment as surplus.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, December 21, 2011.