(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall.
Meetings are also aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). There are no office hours of the Mayor on Wednesday. The meeting will be preceded by a Workshop on the Fire Department beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Update from the Rye Cable and Communications Committee; Discussion of the Strategic Workshop Agenda; Update on the Flood Mitigation Sluice Gate Project; Legal Update
- Tax Our Guests. Home Rule Resolution supporting S5902(Oppenheimer)/A8556(Latimer) extension of the City of Rye Hotel Occupancy Tax.
- Take The Money & Run. Consideration of a Resolution of acceptance for a grant from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation for reimbursement for equipment purchased by the Department of Public Works.
- Talking Patronage. Discussion regarding appointments to the Conservation Commission/Advisory Council.
- Actual Discussion May Cost More than $2,680. Acceptance of Grant Award from Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee in the amount of $2,680 for participation in the “Selective Traffic Enforcement” program.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Patronage. One appointment to the Finance Committee for a three-year term, by the Mayor with Council approval; Two appointments to the Landmarks Advisory Committee for a three-year term, by the Mayor with Council approval; One appointment to the Rye Playland Advisory Committee for a three-year term, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 8, 2012. The
City Council will hold a Strategic Workshop on Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 9:15 a.m. at Whitby