(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, February 8, 2012 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall.
Meetings are also aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive). *Office Hours of the Mayor will be held at 7:30 pm in the Mayor’s Conference Room.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Mayor’s Management Report – Update from the Golf Club Commission ($300 Whitby Tab?); Legal Update
- Police & Fire M&A. Consideration to set a Public Hearing to amend the City of Rye Charter: Article 13, for the creation of a Public Safety Commissioner to head the Police Department and the Fire Department reporting directly to the City Manager.
- Gimme Some. Consideration of a Home Rule Message to authorize the City of Rye to collect a transfer tax on the sale of real estate.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Patronage. Three appointments to the Flood Advisory Committee for three-year terms and three
appointments for two-year terms, by the Mayor with Council approval; Designation of the Chairman of the Flood Advisory Committee by the Mayor; One appointment to the Board of Assessment Review for a five-year term expiring on September 30, 2016, by the Mayor with Council approval; Appointment of one member to the Emergency Medical Services Committee to fill a term expiring on June 30, 2014.
- In Memory of Michael Kenny. Acceptance of donation to the Rye Police Department from the National Philanthropic Trust/Edward and Elisabeth Wolfe Foundation in the amount of one thousand five hundred ($1,500.00) dollars.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 at 8:00 p.m.