(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall.
The Council will convene at 7:30 pm and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss real estate matters. Office Hours of the Mayor available by appointment this week.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- Indian Village Relieved… Bid Award for the Bowman Avenue Sluice Gate Project (Contract #2012-01). Roll Call.; Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an agreement with WSP Sells for the Bowman Avenue Upper Dam Resizing Flood Control Project.
- Doug's Details. Update from the Recreation Commission; Update from the Sustainability Committee on energy saving projects: Biofuels, Energy Audit, the Plastic Bag Ban implementation and the April 23rd No-Idling Day; Legal Update
- Poke Me! A Rye PD Social Media Policy. Presentation by Commissioner William R. Connors on the proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department: General Order# 121.04.
- Engineering a Hire. Discussion of the position of City Engineer and Public Works Superintendent and the upgrade of an existing staff position to Assistant Civil Engineer; Resolution to transfer funds from the Contingency account and the Building and Vehicles fund, to fund the position of City Engineer/Public Works Superintendent and Assistant Civil Engineer.
- 55th Time, Play Ball! Consideration of a request by the Rye Little League to approve a parade to kickoff Opening Day of the 55th Little League Season on Saturday, April 21, 2012 beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- March! Consideration of a request by the Midland Elementary School PTO to approve a parade to
precede the Midland Elementary School Fair on Saturday, April 28, 2012 from 9:00 a.m. to
- Run! Consideration of a request by the Rye YMCA for the use of City streets for the 24th Annual
Rye Derby on Sunday, April 29, 2012 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Walk! Consideration of a request by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for the use of City streets for the 24th Annual Great Strides Walk on Sunday, May 20, 2012 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 8:00 p.m.