(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 is out. See you at 8:00pm in Council Chambers in City Hall.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- Up the Ladder. Approval of the election of the Chiefs of the Rye Fire Department.
- Doug's Details. Update on the City of Rye 2011 Result of Operations; Legal Update
- Checking in? Presentation on a Zoning Amendment Petition for 120 Old Post Road to include zoning for hotels.
- The Lorax. Discussion of proposal to amend Chapter 187, “Trees” of the City Code regarding the
legislation of trees.
- MOU. Discussion of proposed Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Rye and
Lester’s of Rye, LLC for the right of first refusal for the purchase of the property located at
1037 Boston Post Road.
- Capital for Capital. Consideration to set a Public Hearing for May 9, 2012 to discuss potential capital projects to be included in a November, 2012 Bond Referendum.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Patronage. One appointment to the Board of Assessment Review for a five-year term expiring on
September 30, 2017, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at the
Square House at 8:00 pm. A joint meeting of the City Council of the City of Rye and the Rye City
School District Board of Education will be held on Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 9:00 am.