(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, May 9, 2012 is out.
This is the Annual Square House Meeting. The meeting starts in the Square House Museum at 8pm and adjourns and moves to Council Chambers in City Hall at 8:45pm.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 18 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Update on Rye Town Park Capital Grant; Update on 120 Old Post Road; Legal Update
- OG: Got Trees? Resolution to accept a donation from the Alumni & Friends of Rye High School for the landscaping and tree replacement on the easterly side of Boston Post Road from Parsons Street to the Rye High School Stadium.
- Bond-erific! Public Hearing to discuss potential capital projects to be included in a November, 2012 Bond Referendum.
- Tapping Legal Help. Authorization for Harris Beach, PLLC to represent the City on pre-trial motions and settlement discussions in the Westchester Joint Water Works tax certiorari proceeding. Roll Call.
- Marriott Courtyard. Home Rule Resolution supporting S5902B(Oppenheimer)/A8556C(Latimer) extension of the City of Rye Hotel Occupancy Tax. Roll Call.
- Less Review. Discussion of amending City of Rye Local Law Chapter 53, “Architectural Review” to reduce the number of applications subject to architectural review.
- That Will Be More Money… Discussion of proposed changes to amend local law Chapter 180, “Taxicabs”, Section 14, Payment of Fares, of the Code of the City of Rye to increase taxi fares.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Patronage. One appointment to the Rye Playland Advisory Committee for a three-year term, by the Mayor with Council approval.
- Pretty Please? With Hot Fudge on Top? Consideration of a request by Longford’s Ice Cream for the use of City streets for their 20th Anniversary celebration on Sunday, June 10, 2012 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, May 23, 2012.