(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 is out.
There will be a regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, May 23, 2012, at 8:00 pm in the Council Room of City Hall. The Council will convene at 7:00 p.m. and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss real estate matters. The Executive Session will be followed by an Audit Committee Meeting beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Recap of the NYU Wagner Capstone Presentation; Presentation by the Finance Committee on the Sanitation Department Study; Presentation of the City of Rye Stormwater Management Program 2011 Annual Report; Legal Update
- Taxi! Consideration to set a Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 180, “Taxicabs”, Section
14, Payment of Fares, of the Code of the City of Rye to increase taxi fares.
- American Idol Tryouts. Presentation of candidates for the open seat on the Rye City Council to be appointed on June 13, 2012.
- The Bacon. Presentation on City Financials by Scott Oling of the auditing firm of O’Connor, Davies,
Munns & Dobbins, LLP.
- Spending the Bacon. Continuation of Public Hearing to discuss potential capital projects to be included in a November, 2012 Bond Referendum.
- I am the Lorax and I Speak for the… Public Hearing to amend Chapter 187, “Trees” of the City Code regarding the legislation of trees.
- Nickel and Diming You. Consideration to set a Public Hearing for June 13, 2012 to establish the 2013 Budgeted Fees and Charges.
- Smokey the Bear. Report and recommendation to the Council on the Fire Inspector/Supervisor position for the Rye Fire Department.
- Save the Smoke Shop. Discussion of request to landmark the Rye Smoke Shop located at 53 Purchase Street.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Patronage. Resolution ratifying the appointment of one member to the Emergency Medical Services Committee for a three-year term ending June 30, 2015.
- Walk. Consideration of a request by Colin Leslie for the use of City streets for the 7th Annual Colin Leslie Walk for Celiac Disease on Sunday, September 30, 2012 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, June 13, 2012.