(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 is out.
There will be a regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, June 13, 2012, at 8:00 pm in the Council Room of City Hall. The Council will convene at 7:30 p.m. and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss real estate matters. The Executive Session will be followed by an Audit Committee Meeting beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Say Cheese! Unveiling and dedication of the portrait of former Mayor Steven Otis.
- Don't Yell Fire in a Crowded City Council Chamber. Approval of the election of three new members to the Rye Fire Department.
- Doug's Details. Legal Update
- The New Guy. Appointment of a Council Member to fill the third year, ending January 1, 2013, of the City Council Term expiring January 1, 2014.
- Bondage. Continuation of Public Hearing to discuss potential capital projects to be included in a
November, 2012 Bond Referendum.
- Lorax, Continued. Continuation of Public Hearing to amend Chapter 187, “Trees” of the City Code regardingthe legislation of trees.
- Nickel & Diming. Public Hearing to establish the 2013 Budgeted Fees and Charges.
- Park It. Update on existing parking technology and meters within the City.
- Taxi! Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 180, “Taxicabs”, Section 14, Payment of Fares,
of the Code of the City of Rye to increase taxi fares.
- Let's Make a Deal. Discussion of a Purchase and Sale Agreement between the City of Rye and Lester’s of Rye, LLC for the right of first refusal for the purchase of the property located at 1037 Boston Post Road.
- Lawyers. Authorization for Landman, Corsi, Ballaine & Ford, P.C. to represent the City on the Article 78 proceeding Dapolite v. City Manager; Authorization for Harris Beach, PLLC to represent the City on pre-trial motions and settlement discussions in the legal proceedings Panetta v. Planning Commission and St. Ives Condo v. Rye.
- Fore! Discussion of a resolution amending the voting procedures for the Rye Golf Club
- H2O. Discussion of entering into an Agreement with Malcolm Pirnie, the Water Division of ARCADIS, to assist in preparing a Stormwater Reconnaissance Plan for the lower Long Island Sound Drainage Basin in consideration of future funding for watershed projects.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Sale! Consideration of a request by the Rye Chamber of Commerce for the use of City streets for the Annual Sidewalk Sale to be held on Thursday, July 26, 2012 through Saturday, July 28, 2012 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- eBay. Resolution to declare certain equipment as surplus.
- Patronage. Resolution ratifying the appointment of one member to the Emergency Medical Services Committee for a three-year term ending June 30, 2015.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, July 11, 2012. A special meeting of the City Council on the proposed Bond Referendum will be held on Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. A special meeting of the City Council and the Rye Golf Club Commission will be held on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. at the Rye Golf Club.