(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Monday, August 6, 2012 is out.
There will be a regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Rye on this Monday, August 6, 2012, at 8:00 pm in the Council Room of City Hall (the meeting was originally scheduled for Wednesday the 8th). The meeting will be preceded by the Presentation of the 2013-2017 Capital Improvements Program beginning at 7:00 pm.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 21 agenda items.
- Two Alarm. Approval of the election of two new members to the Rye Fire Department.
- Smokey. Consideration to set a Public Hearing for September 12, 2012 to amend Chapter 98, “Fire Prevention” of the Code of the City of Rye by amending §98-4 “Board of Fire Wardens; Fire Inspector” regarding the Fire Inspector/Supervisor position for the Rye Fire Department.
- Doug's Details. Update on Bridge projects, Update on Forest Avenue Sharrows project, Legal update.
- Bonding. Continuation of Public Hearing to discuss potential capital projects to be included in a
November, 2012 Bond Referendum & Public Hearing to adopt bond resolutions for the November, 2012 Referendum for capital projects.
- For Sale. Update and Discussion of the proposals for the property located at 1037 Boston Post Road: Purchase and Sale Agreement between the City of Rye and Lester’s of Rye, LLC for the right of first refusal; Broker agreement between the City of Rye and CBRE to market the property.
- Norma Rae. Resolution to approve a Memorandum of Agreement between the City of Rye and the Rye CSEA Local 1000 Clerical Unit.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser…
- Blue Code. Consideration of proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department.
- Boo! Consideration of request for permission to close a section of Purchase Street for the 60th
annual celebration of the Halloween Window Painting Contest.
- Rock On! Resolution to grant permission to the Rye Free Reading Room to hold a free public concert on the Village Green on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 2 pm.
- Tape This One. Old Business. Discussion regarding Andrew Dapolite’s letter to the Board of Ethics
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 8:00 pm. A special meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 7:00 pm in the Mayor’s Conference Room. It is expected that the Council will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss litigation strategy. A special meeting of the City Council on proposed real estate matters will be held on Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 8:00 pm.