(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 is out.
There will be a regular meeting of the City Council of the City of
Rye on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 8:00pm in the Council Room of
City Hall. The meeting will be preceded by a Workshop on the Rye Golf Club with members of the Rye Golf Club Commission and the Rye Golf Club Strategic Committee beginning at 7:00pm.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Meetings are also aired on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon Channel 39. We'll also see you on the Internet (live and archive).
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 27 agenda items.
- Doug's Details. Capital Projects Update and Legal Update.
- New Bat Time. Authorization of a date change for the regular City Council Meeting from August 7, 2013 to August 5, 2013.
- If a School Construction Project Starts in September… Overview of the School Construction Project and Impact on Traffic and Pedestrian Crossings.
- Hopefully Not Run By Scott Yandrasevich. Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an agreement with All City Management Services (ACMS) for the outsourcing of school crossing guard services. Roll Call.
- Properly COIF'ed. Resolution to amend local law Chapter 15, “Code of Ethics”, to reflect the addition of the Conflict of Interest form and Consideration to adopt a Conflict of Interest form.
- Read Carefully. Authorization for the City Manager to execute an Inter-Municipal Agreement (IMA) with the Rye Free Reading Room regarding the receipt and disbursement of bond funds for library projects. The Bond referendum approved by City residents on November 6, 2012 included funding in the amount of $176,000 for capital projects to be completed at the Rye Free Reading Room. The projects include: the installation of sprinklers and a fire alarm system, ADA and flood control improvements.
- Possible State Flood Cash. Resolution of support for a Letter of Interest for projects to qualify for the Hazard Mitigation Grant Support Program.
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- His Name is "Wateren" for Goodness Sake. One appointment to the Flood Advisory Committee for a three-year term by the Mayor with Council approval. Nominee is Robert van der Wateren.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Monday, August 5, 2013 at 8:00pm. The meeting will be preceded by the Presentation of the 2014-2018 Capital Improvement Plan beginning at 7:00pm.