(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 is out.
There will be a regular meeting of the City Council of the City of
Rye on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 8:00pm in the Council Room of
City Hall. The meeting will be preceded by an Executive Session at 7:30pm to discuss labor relations and personnel.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 23 agenda items.
- Member! Approval of the election of one new member to the Rye Fire Department.
- Doug's Details. Capital Projects Update; Legal Update
- Q3 Call. Financial Update by the Deputy City Comptroller providing 3rd quarter results.
- BIG! Continuation of Public Hearing for October 9, 2013 to amend local law Chapter 197, Zoning, of the Rye City Code, Section §197-1, “Definitions and Usage”, to amend the definition of “STORY, HALF”, and Section §197-43.2, Subsection B, “Attics” to amend the Calculation of Attics in Gross Floor Area.
- Clearly Clary? Consideration of setting a Public Hearing for November 20, 2013 to add a new article to the Rye City Code to provide tax exemptions for improvements to historic properties.
- Just Nuke the $300 Minimum… Presentation by Peter Marshall, Chair of the Rye Golf Club Strategic Committee, on the proposal to seek an RFP for the Whitby Castle and Outdoor Café/Snack Bar operation at Rye Golf Club.
- Not Dumb. Presentation on Smart 911 technology.
- Better Than Incomplete. Resolution to establish a “Complete Streets” Policy for the City of Rye.
- Parker or Park Here? Discussion of the next phase of the Central Business District Improvements.
- Food Recruiter. Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an agreement with Stephen Zagor & Associates for an amount not to exceed $10,000 for professional consulting services for the selection of a new leasehold operator at Rye Golf Club. Roll Call.
- RGC Manager Recruiter. Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an agreement with Denehy – Club Thinking Partners, LLC for an amount not to exceed $15,000 for professional consulting services to conduct an Executive Search for a General Manager for the Rye Golf Club. Roll Call.
- Tree House! Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an agreement with the Friends of the Rye Nature Center for the use of the second floor at the Nature Center building.
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- FOIL'ed Again. Appeal of denial of FOIL request by Timothy Chittenden.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, November 6, 2013
at 8:00pm including the presentation of the 2014 Budget. The City Council will hold Budget
Workshops on Wednesday, November 13, 2013, Monday, November 18, 2013 and Wednesday,
November 20, 2012 beginning at 8:00pm.