(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its Budget Meeting on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 is out.
There will be regular meeting/Budget Workshop held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, November 20, at 8:00pm in Council Chambers at City Hall.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Crowded Theater. Approval of the election of one new member to the Rye Fire Department.
- Doug's Details. Update on General Code Revision Project; Capital Projects Update; Legal Update.
- Show Me The Money! Discussion of the FY 2014 Budget. Police Department Budget Review; Rye Free Reading Room Budget Review; Review of City Council Budget Questions
- McMansion Control. Continuation of Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 197, Zoning, of the Rye City Code, Section §197-1, “Definitions and Usage”, to amend the definition of “STORY,
HALF”, and Section §197-43.2, Subsection B, “Attics” to amend the Calculation of Attics in
Gross Floor Area.
- Fire Control. Continuation of Public Hearing to adopt a local law to amend Chapter 197 Article IV “Use Regulations” and Article VI “Appeals” to establish regulations regarding outdoor fire pits
and outdoor kitchens.
- Clary Clause? Public Hearing to add a new article to the Rye City Code to provide tax exemptions for improvements to historic properties.
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Contained. Acceptance of donation to the Rye Police Department of a twenty-foot overseas shipping container from Vincent Service Station, Inc. of Mamaroneck, New York. Roll Call.
- FOIL'ed Again. Appeal of denial of FOIL requests by Timothy Chittenden.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 8:00pm.