(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, April 9, 2014, at 7:30pm in Council Chambers at City Hall. The Council will convene at 7:00pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss collective bargaining.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- 3 Pointer. Recognition of the Rye Recreation Girls All Star Basketball Team and the Resurrection CYO 8th Grade Boys A Basketball Team.Rye AARP.
- Wrinkle City. Continuation of the Public Hearing to change the zoning designation of County-owned property located on Theodore Avenue and North Street to the RA-5 District to provide for the construction of affordable senior housing.
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- This was Due Jan 27th… Resolution for the City of Rye to participate in the Westchester County Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) Update project.
- Police Procedure. Consideration of proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department: Amendment of General Order #113.7, “Domestic Violence” and Consideration of proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police
Department: Approval of new General Order #113.21, “Guidelines for Recording Custodial
Interrogations of Suspects”.
- You Can Do This with Your Smartphone. Acceptance of Grant Award from the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office in the amount of $3,130 to purchase equipment for the video recording of statements. Roll Call.
- Tax Man. Adoption of the 2014 County property tax rates.
- Purchase Street Spokesperson. Designation of the City Council Liaison to the Rye Chamber of Commerce by the Mayor.
- Insulate It Too. Consideration of Bid for Whitby Castle Door & Window Replacement Project Phase I (Contract #2014-01). Roll Call.
- eBay It. Resolution to declare certain equipment as surplus. Roll Call.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 7:30pm.