(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 8, 2014 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, October 8, 2014 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 8:00pm. The meeting will be preceded by a Joint Meeting of the City Council of the City of Rye and the Rye City School District Board of Education from 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 18 agenda items.
- Wrinkle City. Continuation of the Public Hearing to change the zoning designation of County-owned property located on Theodore Fremd Avenue and North Street to the RA-5 District to provide for the construction of affordable senior housing.
- Council & The Commish. Continuation of Public Hearing to amend local law Article 6, “Council”, Section § C6-2, “Powers and duties”, Article 8 “City Manager”, Section § C8-2, “Powers and duties of City Manager” and Article 12 “Department of Police”, Section § C12-1, “Head of Department; subordinates” of the Charter of the City of Rye to provide the City Council with the authority to approve the appointment, suspension or removal of the Police Commissioner.
- Smok'in (Shop) Issue. Continuation of Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 197, “Zoning”, of the Rye City Code by adding Section 197-15, “Special Permit for Historic Preservation in the B-2 Central Business District” to permit banks on the first floor of a building when certain conditions are met upon approval of a Special Use Permit by the City Council.
- Good Boy, Leash Boy. Continuation of Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 76, “Dogs”, Section §76-5, “Running at large prohibited” and Section §76-6, “When leash required” to establish regulations for the leashing of dogs at Rye Town Park.
- Another Wrinkle City? An Osborn Expansion? Petition of Old Post Road Associates, LLC to change the zoning designation and amend the Zoning Ordinance for the property located at 120 Old Post Road to a new zone RA-6: Active Senior Resident District to provide for the construction of apartments for active seniors in an age-restricted development.
- Budget Gauntlet. Summary of the 2015 Budget Process and Consideration of setting the 2015 Budget Workshop schedule.
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Walk. Consideration of a request by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for use of city streets on Saturday, November 1, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for their annual Light the Night
- Run Consideration of a request by the Recreation Department to hold their 38th annual Turkey
Run on Saturday, November 29, 2014 during Thanksgiving Weekend.
- Kiss. Consideration of a request by the Rye Merchants Association to close a portion of Purchase
Street on Sunday, November 30, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for the Mistletoe Magic
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 at 7:30pm.