(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, March 25, 2015 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- Burma Shave. Continuation of Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 165 , “Signs”, of the Rye City Code by adding Section §165-10, “Regulation of banners”, to establish regulations for banners on City owned ball field fences and utility poles on City property.
- History and Taxes. Consideration to set a Public Hearing for April 8, 2015 to amend local law Chapter 177, “Taxation”, Article XII, “Exemption for Historic Districts” by adding Section §177-82, “Historic Districts”, to designate portions of downtown Rye as one historic district to allow property owners to apply for the real property tax exemption.
- Go Green. Presentation by Sustainable Westchester, Inc. regarding the City of Rye participating in the program Community Choice Aggregation to procure electric and/or gas supply services on behalf of participating residents, businesses and municipal customers within municipal jurisdictional boundaries.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Settle. Resolution authorizing the Corporation Counsel to seek settlement in the litigation American Leisure Activities of New York City Inc. v. City of Rye. Roll Call.
- Death and… Adoption of the 2015 County property tax rates. Roll Call.
- Fore! Fees: Resolution to amend the 2015 Adopted Fees and Charges for the Rye Golf Club Enterprise Fund. Roll Call.
- 911. Appointment of one member to the Emergency Medical Services Committee to fill a term expiring on June 30, 2016.
- Shooting Bambi. Resolution to establish a temporary Deer Management Study Group.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 7:30pm. A Joint Meeting of the City Council of the City of Rye and the Rye City School District Board of Education will be held on Saturday, April 11, 2015 at 9:00am in Rye City Hall.