(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, April 22, 2015 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Change the Batteries in Your Smoke Detector. Consideration of the election of the Chiefs of the Rye Fire Department.
- Roller Coaster Ride. Report of the Rye Playland Advisory Committee with regard to the Westchester County proposal for Standard Amusements to take over management of Playland.
- Open Mic Roller Coaster Ride. Residents may be heard on the Westchester County proposal for Playland.
- Burma Shave. Continuation of Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 165 , “Signs”, of the Rye City Code by adding Section §165-10, “Regulation of banners”, to establish regulations for banners on City owned ball field fences and utility poles on City property.
- Smoke Shop History. Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 177, “Taxation”, Article XII, “Exemption for Historic Districts” by adding Section §177-82, “Historic Districts”, to designate portions of downtown Rye as one historic district to allow property owners to apply for the real property tax exemption.
- Better CBD? Presentation and discussion of proposed design changes for sidewalk and street
improvements in the Central Business District.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- The Temp. Resolution to appoint an Interim City Manager effective May 1, 2015.
- File Cabinet. Consideration of proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department: General Order #118.1, “Department Records”.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at the Square House at 7:30pm.