(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, June 10, 2015 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, May 6, 2015 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 7:00pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss collective bargaining.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 22 agenda items.
- Smoke Shop. Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 177, “Taxation”, Article XII, “Exemption for Historic Districts” by adding Section §177-82, “Historic Districts”, to
designate portions of downtown Rye as one historic district to allow property owners to apply for the real property tax exemption.
- Chipping Away (see Zahm-pinion). Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 133, “Noise”, of the Rye City Code by amending Section §133-8, “Construction work restricted to certain hours and days” to set a moratorium on mechanical rock removal. Also: Consideration to set a Public Hearing for July 8, 2015 to amend local law Chapter 133, “Noise”, of the Rye City Code regarding regulations on mechanical rock removal.
- Wrinkle City. Discussion and Consideration to set a Public Hearing for July 8, 2015 to amend local law Chapter 197, “Zoning”, of the Rye City Code by amending Section §197-2, “Districts, A: Residence Districts” to change the zoning designation of a property at 120 Old Post Road from the B-4, Office Building, District to a New RA-6, Active Senior Residence, District; and amending Section §197-86, “Tables of Regulations: Table A, Residence Districts – Area Yard, Height and Miscellaneous Regulations” to add the proposed RA-6 zone.
- Teddy Bears in Blue. Presentation on the S.A.F.E. Program (Stuffed Animals for Emergencies, Inc).
- If Someone Builds a Sidewalk on Forest, Can You Hear It? (see related story). Discussion on improvements in the Forest Avenue corridor.
- Water, Water, Everywhere. Presentation of the City of Rye Stormwater Management Program 2014 Annual Report.
- It's Getting Hot Around Here. Presentation by the Sustainability Committee on the Climate Smart Communities Pledge.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- FOIL Redux. Resolution to amend the City of Rye’s FOIL procedures.
- Book Reno. Bid Award for the Rye Free Reading Room Interior Renovations contract. Roll Call.
- Fore! Resolution to amend the 2015 Adopted Fees and Charges for the Rye Golf Club Enterprise Fund. Roll Call.
- Run or Walk. Consideration of a request by Wendy Baruchowitz for the use of City streets for a 1 mile run/walkathon for the Dysautonomia International Fund on Sunday, October 4, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- FOIL'ed Again. Appeal of denial of FOIL request by Timothy Chittenden.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 7:30pm.