Rye Playland is a political roller coaster year-round. But to ride the actual roller coaster, you have to wait until the park opens, and that happens this weekend…
Playland Amusement Park’s 2016 season begins on this Saturday, May 7, starting at 11am. Opening day fun gets underway with a parade and entertainment beginning at 11am and rides will open at noon. Special opening day admission is $15, which is good for unlimited rides until the park closes at 7pm. Admissions go on sale at 11am.
The celebration begins with strolling entertainment at the Fountain Plaza at 11am, followed by the traditional parade with the Port Chester High School Marching Band accompanied by County Exec Astorino and other local dignitaries, staff and Playland’s mascot Coaster the Dragon.
“Playland has been providing family fun since 1928, and I look forward to seeing generations of families enjoy all that the park has to offer this summer during its 88th season,” Astorino said. “Take a spin on our historic rides that premiered at the park in 1928, or enjoy the twists, turns or plunges of our newer thrill rides, and don’t forget to take in the sights of beautiful Long Island Sound with a stroll on our boardwalk.”
Grab a seat in front of the Music Tower Theater stage to hear the band Reunion perform hit sounds from the ‘50s through today during shows set for 1pm, 3pm and 5pm.
Pete and Chris Magic will amaze you with show times at 2:30pm and 4:30pm all weekend. Playland’s Kiddyland DJ will also entertain with the “Play it DJ” show in four performances at 1pm, 3pm, 5pm and 6pm. Kids will move, groove and be smooth as our DJ plays their favorite dance tunes. Shows take place in Kiddyland and will be posted in the park.
- $15 May Days: May 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22 and 27: $15 unlimited rides admission for everyone.
- Additionally, Moms ride free on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 8.
- Starting Saturday, May 23: $30 unlimited rides; $20 Junior (under 48”) – Westchester residents with acceptable proof of residency are eligible for a $5 discount on these prices. Spectator admission (no rides) is free for Westchester County residents and $10 for non-residents.
- $95 for unlimited rides all season, with a $15 discount for Westchester residents. Purchase four or more and save 10%.
- $35 for spectator admission all season (no rides), for non-residents of Westchester County.
Acceptable proof of Westchester residency is a Westchester County Park Pass; New York State driver's license or non-driver I.D.; or a photo I.D. or report card from a Westchester County school.
Playland’s pre-season schedule is noon to 7 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays, until Memorial Day weekend, after which the spring schedule begins. For the season’s schedule go to RyePlayland.org or call the park at (914) 813-7000.
Parking is $10 weekdays and weekends and $15 on holidays, special events and concert days. Rain date for opening day is Saturday, May 14.