(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into executive session to discuss attorney client matters.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 24 agenda items.
- Green. Presentation and Update from the Rye Sustainability Committee.
- Council Credit Card? Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend local law Article 21, “Financial Procedures”, Section §C21-9, “Bond Resolutions”, of the Charter of the Rye City Code, to eliminate the City’s discretionary debt limit.
- De-map. Public Hearing regarding the request from Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Mealey to remove a portion of Richard Place at the location of 19 Richard Place from the City’s Official Map.
- Big Pole Debate. Continuation of the Public Hearing regarding the request submitted by Crown Castle to amend their agreement with the City and for the installation of additional locations to their existing wireless telecommunications located in the City of Rye.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Lawyers Win. Resolution to transfer $150,000 from the Contingency account to the Legal Department to fund legal services. Roll Call.
- Big Pole Attorneys. Resolution to increase the retainer with Best Best & Krieger to assist the City in the Crown Castle matter regarding wireless telecommunications. Roll Call.
- $807K for Golf. $387 for Bid Award for the Rye Golf Club Roof Replacement contract (Contract #2016-12). Roll Call… and $420K for Bid Award for the Rye Golf Club Greens Expansion and Practice Area contract (Contract #2016-14). Roll Call.
- 911. Resolution ratifying the appointment of one member to the Emergency Medical Services Committee for a three-year term expiring on June 30, 2019.
- Pee in the Cup. Consideration of the proposed revision to the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department General Order #120.8 regarding the Drug Testing Policy.
- eBay. Resolution to declare certain City of Rye equipment as surplus. Roll Call.
- Pink. Consideration of a request by the Sole Ryeders & Friends and the Rye High School Breast Cancer Awareness Club to have a TieTheTownPink breast cancer awareness campaign in the City of Rye during the month of October, 2016.
- Run, Swim, Bike. Consideration of a request by the Jarden Corporation for use of city streets on Sunday, September 25, 2016 from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for their annual Westchester Triathlon.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 5 at 7:30pm.