(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 is out.
There will be regular meeting and a budget workshop held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into executive session to discuss personnel.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 22 agenda items.
- Old Man and the Seawall. Update on the Dearborn Avenue Seawall project.
- Busting the 2% Cap. Continuation of the Public Hearing to adopt a Local Law to override the State enacted tax
- Money Talk. Continuation of the Public Hearing on the proposed 2017 Budget.
- Budget Vote. Resolution to adopt the 2017 Budget and establish the 2017 tax levy and 2017 tax rate. Roll Call.
- Money Transfer. Resolution authorizing the City Comptroller to make the necessary year-end closing transfers. Roll Call.
- H2O Emergency Powers. Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 194, “Water”, of the Rye City Code by amending Section §194-1, “Conservation in times of emergency”, to give the City Manager the authority to declare conservation in times of water emergency.
- Rye PD & FD Merger. Continuation of the Public Hearing on the proposed revision to the Rye City Charter to rescind Article 12 “Police Department” and Article 13 “Fire Department” and create a new Article 12 “Department of Public Safety” and to create a new position of “Commissioner of Public Safety” which position shall have charge and supervision of the Police and Fire Departments.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Golf Club Worker Settlement? Consideration of settlement in the litigation Rvin Reyes, et al v. City of Rye, Rye Golf Club, RM Staffing & Events, Inc., Morris Yacht and Beach Club, Inc. and Scott Yandrasevich, Jointly and Severally.
- County Services. Resolution to authorize participation in Westchester County contracts. Roll Call.
- Check-out. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement with the Rye Free Reading Room to furnish library services for 2017. Roll Call.
- 2017 Datebook. Resolution designating the days and time of regular meetings of the City Council for 2017 setting January 11, 2017 as the first regular meeting.
- Parking. Bid Award for the Parking Pay Station Replacement contract (Contract #2016-17). Roll Call.
- PD Rotary Gift. Acceptance of donation to the Rye Police Department from the Rye Rotary Club in the amount of One Thousand Five Hundred ($1,500.00) Dollars. Roll Call.
- Patronage. Three appointments to the Boat Basin Commission, by the Council, for three-year terms expiring January 1, 2020.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 7:30pm.