(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into executive session to discuss litigation.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Combo Commish. Resolution for the Mayor and Council to approve the appointment of the Commissioner of Public Safety of the City of Rye.
- Big, Noisy Poles. Consideration to set a Public Hearing for February 1, 2017 to amend the Rye City Code: (a) local law Chapter 133, “Noise”, by amending Section §133-4, “Points and method for measuring intensity of sound” to regulate placement and noise of telecommunication devices;
(b) local law Chapter 167, “Streets and Sidewalks”, to add a new Article IV “Placement of Permanent Facilities in the Rights of Way”, Sections §167-66 through §167-71, to regulate placement of devices in the right of way; and (c) local law Chapter 196, “Wireless Telecommunications Facilities”, by amending Sections §196-3 through §196-8, §196-14, §196-17, §196-18, and §196-22 to regulate wireless facilities and structures regarding size, visual impact and permit process.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Readiness for Wrinkle City. Bid Award for the Theodore Fremd Infrastructure Project contract (Contract #2016-18). Roll Call.
- Not in Budget. Resolution to transfer $40,000 from the Contingent Account to the Dearborn Avenue Seawall Project for repair of the Dearborn Avenue seawall. Roll Call.
- Best Tradition. Consideration of a request by the Rye Little League to approve a parade to kickoff Opening Day of the 60th Little League Season on Saturday, April 22, 2017 beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- Also Good. Consideration of a request by the Rye YMCA for the use of City streets for the 29th Annual Rye Derby on Sunday, April 30, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- And Patriotic. Consideration of a request by the American Legion Post 128 and the Ladies Auxiliary of Post 128 to approve a parade to commemorate Memorial Day to be held on Monday, May 29, 2017 from 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 7:30pm.