(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Dollars & Cents. Continuation of the Public Hearing on the proposed 2018 Budget.
- Death And… Continuation of the Public Hearing to adopt a Local Law to override the State enacted tax levy limitation & Resolution to adopt the 2018 Budget and establish the 2018 tax levy and 2018 tax rate. Roll Call.
- Cleaning Up The Books. Resolution authorizing the City Comptroller to make the necessary year-end closing transfers. Roll Call.
- Getting in the New Zone. Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 197, “Zoning” of the Rye City Code by amending Section §197-3, “Zoning Map”, Subsection “a”, to change the zoning designation of a property at 280 Purchase Street from RA-2, Apartment, District to B-1, Neighborhood Business, District designation.
- Parking Responsibility. Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 35, “Traffic Violations Bureau” of the Rye City Code by amending provisions related to the disposition of parking violations.
- Free Parking. Resolution to waive parking restrictions and parking fees in all downtown parking lots and Purchase Street for the period between December 18, 2017 and December 24, 2017.
- Retaining Counsel. Resolution to approve a new retainer agreement with the Corporation Counsel. Roll Call.
- County Co-op. Resolution to authorize participation in Westchester County contracts. Roll Call.
- Shhhhh! Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute an agreement with the Rye Free Reading Room to furnish library services for 2018. Roll Call.
- Details. Resolution to appropriate $9,135 of the Police Department’s 1033 account and transfer to the Building and Vehicle Fund for the detailing of three police vehicles acquired through the NYS LESO 1033 program for use in the specialized and auxiliary enforcement units. Roll Call.
- Patronage. One appointment to the Boat Basin Commission, by the Council, to fill a term expiring on January 1, 2019.
- Josh's First Time. Resolution designating January 10, 2018 as the first regular meeting of the City Council for 2018.
- Joe's Last Time. Adjournment.
There is no agenda item for: Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 7:30pm.