(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss discuss attorney-client privileged matter, personal matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
There is no formal agenda item on ConEd and all the power outages over the last few weeks, but no doubt there will be some opportunity for rage against the machine.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 14 agenda items.
- Turn Out the Lights. Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 176, “Energy Conservation”, of the Rye City Code by amending provisions related to the Sustainable Energy Loan Program in the City of Rye in accordance with Article 5-L of the General Municipal Law.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- More on Moorings. Consideration to set a Public Hearing for March 28, 2018 to amend local law Chapter 64, “Boats and Harbors” of the Rye City Code by amending provisions related to moorings.
- Trailing. Consideration of a resolution to amend the 2018 Adopted Fees and Charges for the Rye Boat Basin Enterprise Fund by adding a winter trailer only storage fee of $350 plus NYS tax. This is for trailers that are either empty or box style trailers.
- Renew Now! Consideration of proposed revisions to the Regulations of the City of Rye Municipal Boat Basin as recommended by the Boat Basin Commission regarding extending the deadline for the renewals of slip permits to March 31 and if not renewed the slips will be sold as of April 1.
- PD Policy. Consideration of proposed revisions and addition to the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department:
- New General Order #102.9 regarding Harassment and Sexual Harassment policy.
- General Order #103.1 regarding performance and conduct policy.
- General Order #103.3 regarding Use of Force / Deadly Physical Force policy.
- General Order #103.4 regarding guidelines for firearms policy.
- General Order #104.1 regarding Uniform Specifications and Equipment policy.
- General Order #111.1 regarding Evidence and Non – Agency Property Management policy
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Councilwoman Danielle Tagger-Epstein & Councilwoman Julie Souza
Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Mayor Josh Cohn, Deputy Mayor Emily Hurd & Councilwoman Sara Goddard