(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personal matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
There is no formal agenda item on ConEd and all the power outages over the last few weeks, but no doubt there will be some opportunity for rage against the machine.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- Turn Out the Lights When You Leave. Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 176, “Energy Conservation”, of the Rye City Code by amending provisions related to the Sustainable Energy Loan Program in the City of Rye in accordance with Article 5-L of the General Municipal Law.
- More on Moorings. Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 64, “Boats and Harbors” of the Rye City Code by amending provisions related to moorings.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Taking a Toll. Review and discussion of City roads and intersections by City Engineer.
- The Tax Man, from White Plains. Adoption of the 2018 County property tax rates. Roll Call.
- Fresh from the Parking Lot. Consideration of a request by the Rye Chamber of Commerce for the use of the southern end of the City’s Car Park #2 on Sundays from May 13, 2018 through December 2, 2018 from 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for the Rye Farmers Market. Market hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Clearance, Outside. Consideration of a request by the Rye Chamber of Commerce for the use of City streets for the Annual Sidewalk Sale to be held on Thursday, July 26, 2018 through Saturday, July 28, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- PD Process. Consideration of proposed revisions and addition to the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department:
- General Order #109.3 arrest processing policy.
- General Order #113.18 regarding vehicular pursuit policy.
- General Order #116.1 regarding recruitment, selection and appointment policy.
- General Order #118.0 regarding computerized records management systems policy.
- General Order #120.5 regarding firearm discharge reporting policy.
- Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Councilwoman Danielle Tagger-Epstein & Councilwoman Julie Souza
Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Mayor Josh Cohn, Deputy Mayor Emily Hurd & Councilwoman Sara Goddard