(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, April 25, 2018 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss discuss attorney-client privileged matters, personal matters and labor negotiations.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 18 agenda items.
- Drop Off and PIck Up. Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 191, Vehicles and Traffic, of the Rye City Code, Section 191-21, “No parking, standing or stopping”, to prohibit parking on the west side of Coolidge Drive from Osborn Road to Harding Drive. Section 191-20.F, “Four-hour limit between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., except on Saturday and Sundays”, by adding the following: Osborn Road – northernmost access drive to Osborn School to Theall Road; Coolidge Avenue – east side from Harding Drive to Osborn Road; and Theall Road – west side from the southerly end of the dedicated parking lane to Osborn Road.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- It's The Money Honey. Update to the City Council by the Finance Committee.
- Rye's Own Lorax. Announcement of the Rye Sustainability Leadership Award.
- Yes. Presentation by the CCAC regarding the importance of wetlands.
- Got gas? Presentation by Con Edison regarding their gas main replacement program for the 2018 year.
- Do Not Pass. Bid Award for 2018 Rye Recreation Summer Camp Bus Services (Contract #2018-02).
- Salty. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to amend a contract with the County of Westchester for Snow and Ice Removal on County Roads for the period October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2020.
- Patronage. One appointment to the Rye Boat Basin Commission, by the Council, to fill a term expiring on January 1, 2020.
- Kid Woodstock. Consideration of a request by the Rye Free Reading Room for use of the Village Green on select Friday mornings from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. for Musical Fridays with Graham Clark.
- Patronage. Appointments to Boards and Commissions, by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at the Square House at 7:30pm.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Councilwoman Danielle Tagger-Epstein & Councilwoman Julie Souza
Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Mayor Josh Cohn, Deputy Mayor Emily Hurd & Councilwoman Sara Goddard