The meeting start time has been changed to 7:30pm.
(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, August 8, 2018 is out.
The council will meet at 6:30pm in the City Council chambers.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 18 agenda items.
- That Blows. Presentation on Leaf Blowers by the Rye Sustainability Committee.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Fee for All. Public Hearing to consider a resolution in support of Chapter 433 of the laws of New York, 2013 regarding hydrant fees for Suez.
- Fees for All. Continuation of Public Hearing to establish the 2019 budgeted fees and charges. THIS PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE CONTINUED TO THE NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED CITY COUNCIL MEETING. NO PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE TAKEN DURING THE AUGUST 8, 2018 MEETING.
- Projecting Our Capital. Continuation of discussion by the Council on proposed capital projects.
- Thank Your for Your Service. Contract Award (2018-04) for the repairs to the World War I monument/flag pole as recommended by the Superintendent of Public works. Roll Call.
- Complete Garbage! Bid Award for the Solid Waste Containers bid (Bid #5-18). Roll Call.
- Mo Money. Consider a resolution to transfer $650,000 from Unassigned Fund balance to capital project fund – general capital. Roll Call.
- That's Fair. Consideration of a request by the Midland Fair committee to approve a parade to precede the Midland Elementary School Fair on Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- Run Forrest, Run. Consideration of a request by the Jarden Corporation for use of City streets on Sunday, September 23, 2018 from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for their annual Westchester Triathlon.
- Taxes for Teaching. Adoption of the 2017/2018 tax levy and tax rate for the Rye Neck Union Free School District. Roll Call.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
The Mayor and City Council have office hours in the Mayor’s Conference Room Annex at Rye City Hall, 1051 Boston Post Road. The Mayor’s Conference Room Annex is located on the 1st floor of City Hall adjacent to the Council Chambers. Hours are as follows:
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Councilwoman Danielle Tagger-Epstein & Councilwoman Julie Souza
Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Mayor Josh Cohn, Deputy Mayor Emily Hurd & Councilwoman Sara Goddard