Join the Fall Fest 2018 at the Edith Read Wildlife Sanctuary this Saturday, October 13th, 2018 from 12p – 5pm.
At this great, family friendly event, discover this hidden jewel in Rye in its autumnal splendor. Nestled behind Playland between the Long Island Sound and Manursing Lake, this 179-acre county park offers wooded trails, a nature center and glorious views.
What happens at Fall Fest you ask?
- TWO BY TWO ZOO: The Wild World of Animals
- THE NATURE COMPANY: hands-on animal program
- SKY HUNTERS IN FLIGHT: raptor & falconry demo
- LIVE MUSIC, FOOD TRUCKS, PUMPKIN PATCH, KAYAK/PADDLEBOARD AND YOGA DEMOS, EDIBLE BUG BAR, FACE PAINTING, STORY TELLING AND DIY CRAFTS: pottery, painting, gardening, cooking, sewing, flower and leaf art, origami and beeswax
- EXPLORE YOUR COMMUNITY with interactive displays sponsored by the Rye Youth Council, Rye Free Reading Room, Rye Historical Society, Rye Arts Center, Westchester Children’s Museum, Rye Town Park, Rye YMCA, Marshlands County Park, Bird Homestead & Meeting House Conservancy, Rye Sustainability Committee, Rye School of Dance, Rhythm on Rye, Westchester Sandbox Theatre, Sew Happy, Clay Art Center, Hilary’s Table, Big Picture Foundation, SUP Westchester, Prime Paddlesports, Sweet Fern Garden Design, Fani Flowers, Tovami Yoga, Visionary Face & Body Art, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and much more!
And how much does this much fun cost?
$10 per person (3 and under free) includes all activities. Free family admission with purchase of $50 Annual Family Membership
FREE PARKING – SORRY, NO DOGS, RAIN OR SHINE